Friday, January 28, 2011

Yours Truly

Anyone who either lives or has lived on the east side of Cleveland has heard of or gone to a Yours Truly restaurant. Now this restaurant has a strong meaning to me - not only have I been going there since I was 11, a group of us used to go there every morning before school our senior year.

As an adult, I have not been there as much and as a health professional I have been there even less. But as a pregnant woman, which I have been for the past 4 YEARS, I have frequented this establishment. Every cheat meal or "I deserve this" meal, YT has been the place!!

Now don't get me wrong, there are many healthy items on the menu. I just choose to ignore them all every time I walk in the door - I just cant help it!

So, Gil and I drop off the girls at school this morning and are off to a meeting. On the way to the meeting, the gentleman calls and asks if we can postpone the meeting until later in the day. No problem. Gil and I look at each other and say breakfast. The idea of eggs and toast fill my head - until we enter the village of Chagrin Falls and can't decide where to go. I know in my head that if we go to YT, I am doomed. That whole idea of eggs - GONE AND FORGOTTEN. But I say to myself, it's only 9:10, you can do it and it's truly breakfast time - not to mention - still trying to lose the notsos that I ate in the past pregnancy with Nicolas. But when the waitress comes over for the order out comes a junior notso fries, no sour cream. I can't do it. I swear they call my name. Notso fries are cottage fries, with melted cheddar cheese and bacon on top - heart attack on a plate. Shame shame shame!!

Temptation is awful!! Off course its not easy, but what should we do? Well, my preference is to avoid. Don't go to YT in the first place. Portion control is also a good remedy for those who can do it. I can do this well with certain foods, but not all. Lastly, if you have a plan stick with it. Unfortunately today, breakfast wasn't on the plan so I didn't have a plan.

Do what you can and remember that you will have times that you falter. Just try to make those falters few and stick to your plan as often as you can.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment